Research & Awards
AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
- Magna Cum Laude and Honors in Electrical Engineering.
- Awarded 1st place in senior design project competition 2013.
- Awarded 2nd place in American Society of Safety Engineers region IV poster competition 2013.
- Vice-Chair of The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) 2012-2013.
- Secretary of Tau Beta Pi (Engineering Honors Society) 2012-2013.
- Member of Order of Engineers.
- UAB Presidential Scholar - Spring and Fall 2010, 2012, and Spring 2013.
- UAB Dean’s List - Spring and Fall 2011.
- Recipient of Francis Dupuis Scholarship 2011, 2013.
- Recipient of Pushpamala Deosthale International Programs Scholarship 2011, 2013.
- Recipient of Rotary Spain Hickman Estess International Scholarship 2012.
RESEARCH AND ACADEMIC WORK
Web Developer in Design Project Competition for Southern Company August 2013-December 2013
- Designed a water heater monitoring system to record and store temperature, energy usage and water flow rate using “Raspberry Pi,” a LINUX based single-board computer.
- Developed a live monitoring web portal to display real time data and to download a year worth of information from the device.
- Awarded 1st place in the design project competition.
Environment: Python, PHP, CSS, jQuery, HTML, LINUX.
Research Assistant at Electrical Department September 2011-May 2013
- Implemented echolocation techniques to better understand the pathological process of atherosclerosis using intravascular ultrasound imaging (IVUS) and designed a low-power Time-to-Digital Converter (TDC) using 45-nm Complementary Metal Oxide Semi-Conductor (CMOS).
- Improved the resolution of TDC by integrating a low-power efficient Operational Transconductance Amplifier, enabling detection of unwarranted plaque formations in arteries within the range of 0.247 mm to 80 mm.
- Awarded 2nd place in American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE) region IV student poster competition.
Environment: Cadence, LabView, MATLAB.