October 2013 – November 2017
Dublin City University, Ireland Ph.D. Politics and International Relations.
- Passed viva voce examination on 23rd January 2018 (minor corrections).
- Examiners: Prof Willem van Schendel, University of Amsterdam and Prof John Doyle, Dublin City University.
- Thesis title: “Between the City and the Village: the differential impact of the Predatory and Absentee State on Indigenous Land Rights and Deforestation in Bangladesh and India.”
- Completed a total of one year of fieldwork in Bangladesh and India.
- Teaching tutorials on Global Political Economy to undergraduates.
September 2010 – May 2011
University of Amsterdam M.Sc. Contemporary Asian Studies (merit)
- Thesis title “Minority Rights and Human Security: compatible or mutually exclusive? The case of agrarian relations in the East Khasi Hills,” based on three months field work in Northeast India.
September 2001 – August 2005
Hatfield College, Durham University B.A. (hons) Modern Chinese Studies (2:2)