Currently doing research on “Discrimination faced by minority entrepreneurs in Bangladesh; awarded research grant by ULAB.
Scholarships and Awards:
- From July 2019 working with Dr. Farida Khan, chair of Economis department, University of Colorado Colorado Spring (UCCS), USA on the research project of “Water crisis of Indigenous people of Bangladesh” partially funded University of Colorado Colorado Spring (UCCS), USA.
- Presented paper on “Transition of rituals and belief system of rivers, small streams and water bodies of Chakma community” at the 8th SSEASR conference titled “ Rivers and religion: connecting cultures of South and Southeast Asia” a regional conference of IAHR organized by the Center for Archaeological Studies (CAS), University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh (ULAB) on June 13-16, 2019.
- Presented a paper on “Ecology, Sustainability and the question of existence of indigenous people: A Case Study of the Chittagong Hill Tracts (CHT)” on November 30 to December 1, 2018 at The international conference of Language, Literature, Culture and Politics celebrating Karl Marx’s Bicentenary at University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Presented a paper on “Case study of Gorontalo, Indonesia” as a group report and “Importance of Social Capital; a case study of three villages of Gorontalo, Indonesia” on 21 October 2014 at Cairns institute, James Cook University, Cairns campus, Australia.
- Paper presented on “Digital Bangladesh and prospects” in Sri Lanka in 2012.
- Paper presented on an international workshop on “the conflict in the Chittagong Hill Tracts” in “South Asian Youth for Peace “held in Godavari, Nepal between 8th- 14th July 2007. I was awarded full costs for the trip.
- 2017- 2018 Awarded research project entitled “Discrimination faced by minority entrepreneurs in Bangladesh “in the third round of the ULAB research programme.
- 2013 – 2014 Australian Development Award, AUSAID, Australia Description
Earned2 years Masters scholarships including tuition fees, living allowance, health insurance, thesis allowance, Dissertation field work, international and local travel and relocation cost.
July 2015to till date
Senior Lecturer & Coordinator,
General Education Department,Teaches Global Political Economy, Sociology,Bangladesh Studies, University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh (ULAB), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Two months fieldwork experience in Indonesia
I have worked in Bali, North Sulawesi, Manado and Gorontalo province for two months from 8th July to 10th September 2014. I have worked in a group report and inindividual project. Part of my responsibility, I have conducted focus group discussion, key informant interviews and observation in various remote areas in Indonesia.
Research Assistant (on study leave 2013-2014)
Brac Institute of Governance and Development (former Institute of Governance Studies (IGS), Brac University) Address:SK center, 5 -6th floor, GP. JA-4, TB gate, Mohakhali, Dhaka-1212, Bangladesh.
April 2008 to June 2008
Research Assistant UnnayanOnneshan -The InnovatorsDhaka, Bangladesh
Responsibilities include: Completed a study on land transactions and agricultural productivity. Responsibilities include the planning and implementation of the field work, interpreting and helping two foreign research associates in the management of a five person research team, data input and analysis of findings, and the write up of the final outputs.
July 2007 to 2010
Refugee and Migratory Movements Research Unit (RMMRU) Young Researchers’ Forum (YRF) (an affiliated organization of Dhaka University)
Responsibilities: planning, implementing and managing activities of Young Researchers’ Forum (YRF).
Project Office:3/3-EBijoynagar, SattarBhaban(4thFloor), Dhaka-1000 Bangladesh.
From June 2018, I was nominated as a general body member of Refugee and Migratory Movements Research Unit (RMMRU), Bangladesh.
Working as a volunteer in Maleya Foundation (NGO of Chittagong Hill Tracts).
- Participated in IUCN world park congress in Sydney and assisted mural preparation and presentation prepared on biodiversity and human relation with nature by Development Practice, James Cook University in Australia from 12-19 November 2014.
- Completed four week “Introductory Academic Program 2013” offered by Teaching and Learning Development, James Cook University, Cairns, Australia.
- Successfully completed the 5-day tailored course on “Training of Trainers (ToT) ” from 17-21 June 2012 conducted by MDF South Asia Training and Advisory Dhaka, Bangladesh in collaboration with Bangladesh Public Administration Training centre, Savar, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Training workshop on international humanitarian law organized jointly by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and the Bangladesh Institute of Peace and Security (BIPSS) during 8-9th, 2008, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Successfully completed a three day “Training on Safe Migration to prevent Human Trafficking” supported by the American people through USAID and sponsored by the Action For Combating Trafficking-In-Persons (ACT)Program by WinRock International.
- Attend the third residential workshop on social Science Research and Migration held at Dhaka on 29 November -1 December, 2008 organise by Refugee and Migratory Movements Research Unit, Dhaka University.
- Successfully completed a “Training Course on Project Planning, Development and Management (PPDM)” from December 20, 2009 to June 15, 2010, Planning commission, Bangladesh.