Minimum Qualifications for Graduate Admission
- A minimum CGPA of 2.00 in Bachelor’s degree, plus
- A minimum GPA of 2.50 both in SSC and HSC examinations or equivalent, or
- At least one GPA of 2.00 but an aggregate GPA of 6.00 in SSC & HSC, or
- Sons/daughters of freedom fighters with an aggregate GPA of 5.00 in SSC & HSC, or
- O’Levels in 5 subjects with a minimum GPA of 2.50 & A’Level in 2 Subjects with a minimum GPA of 2.00 (scale A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2, E=1).
- Acceptable score in the ULAB Admission Test.
Note: 1. Admission test is waived for ULABian graduates with CGPA 3.00 or above.
Transfer of credits from comparable educational institutions may be considered after admission. Rules on credit transfer are available from the Admissions Office.
Application forms are available at House 56, Road 4/A (Satmasjid Road), Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1209. You can also Apply Online and download the Application Form.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any applicant who gives false information during the application process will be immediately disqualified from the application process or summarily dismissed from the university.
Papers need to be submitted (Graduate):
- Two copies of recent colored passport-sized photographs.
- Photocopies of all Board Mark-sheets and Certificates.
- Photocopy of NID of the student and one of the parents.
- Applicants in the Freedom Fighter category are requested to submit relevant documents.
ULAB will call applicants who meet the minimum eligibility requirements for an Admission Test, which will comprise of a written test and, in some cases, a departmental interview. The written test has two parts:
Part 1 contains multiple-choice questions covering English and Analytical.
Part 2 is a test of written English where students have to write a short essay.