Right Guidance, Accurate Direction, Perfect Career
Welcome from the Director:
On behalf of the ULAB Career Services team, I extend to you a sincere welcome!
In the competitive world, the aptitude to comprehend and confidently articulate your skills and competencies, in commercial terms, is essential. We insist on maximize your opportunities with our comprehensive career services programs and network of professionals. We have developed a variety of co-curricular programs that provide insights into a wide range of professional settings where we help you to build the capacity to play an important role.
As the director of Career Services, it is my privilege to work with a team of distinguished career professionals and corporate relations specialists. Together we look for innovative approaches to mitigate the needs of all of our stakeholders.
We look forward to working with you!
The primary mission of ULAB Career Services Office (CSO) is to -
- Facilitate existing ULABians become completely marketable by strategizing a career map that runs parallel to their academic endeavors.
- Equip students with the knowledge, skills and competencies that are required to become an effective future business leader.
- Committed to continually improving the skills set to meet the emerging needs of the corporate world.
- Provide skill development training session in collaboration with the corporate experts each term for the students.
- Encourage and guide the students to maintain higher CGPA to stay competitive in the corporate field.
- Engage students in extracurricular activities, and obtain work experience which will develop leadership trait alongside academic excellence.
The objectives of CSO are to –
- Prepare students for internships.
- Help students in the job search process, and
- Foster career development.
Understanding the needs of students
Career Services staff meet one-on-one with students to learn about interests and future plans. This personal contact enables us to understand individual student’s needs such as internships, graduate school, jobs or career guidance.
Career Services offers specialized hands-on workshops on Career Planning, Leadership, Motivation etc. All workshops are FREE OF CHARGE.
Skills 4 Career: For students enrolled in Terms 3 to 7, covering the following skills:
- Career Planning
- Goal Setting
- Team Building
Career Vision: For students of Term 8 & above, covering the following skills:
- PowerPoint Presentations
- Vocabulary Works
- Discovering your dream job
- Realities of the job market
- Networking Skills
- How to market yourself
- Internet Etiquette
- Professional CVs
- Interview Skills
Visits from representatives of national and international organizations, study abroad specialists, banks, corporate trainers, and recruiters from businesses.
Career Services Center assists eligible students to find jobs. Local, national and international job opportunities are advertised on a Job Board in the Center. Students are also notified of openings through ULAB email.
In addition to books, newspapers and journals about international schools and graduate entrance exams (GRE, GMAT), the Center also has a dedicated computer with Internet access, as well as a printer, for use by students for job searches and uploading of CVs to job sites.
Records of Graduates
Career Services Center keeps files on graduated students. Files may contain a student’s CV, letters of recommendation, transcripts, etc. Graduates are required to notify the Center of any change in job placement. The Center will contact graduates at least once a year to maintain up-to-date records.
Career Services Office (CSO)
University of Liberal Arts Bangladesh
ULAB Research Building
House # 56, Road # 4A, Dhanmondi
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +88 01711 298916